Here are current positions available with The Savings Bank! Visit your local Savings Bank office for an employment application. See our contact page to phone or email us, too.
The Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Customer Service Representative
Location – Circleville, Ohio
Job Area – Operations
Employment Type – Full-time
FLSA Classification – Non-Exempt
Primary Schedule – Within branch hours
Supervisory Responsibility – Oversees team that consists of Customer Service Supervisors (CSS) and Customer Service Representatives (CSR)
Travel – Occasionally travel to other branches
Bank Customer Service Managers (CSM) assist branch management in leading the service and operations of the branch. By leading and mentoring the team, you will drive excellent customer service, efficient operations and the effective resolution of customer issues.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties of a CSR
- Supervise the day to day operational functions of the branch including: vault, drawer and ATM balancing; overseeing CSRs and CSSs and customer service duties; and assisting with customer transactions.
- Managing difficult situations with customers and providing them with a resolution, information or additional options. Ensure that quick and proper response to all reasonable customer requests.
- Approve customer and bank transactions within authority limits.
- Perform notary services.
- Perform pre-audit and post-audit to identify and mitigate operational risk and to ensure ongoing adherence with compliance procedures.
- Maintain proper CSR and vault cash levels including ordering coin and currency.
- Ensure that all security procedures are strictly followed, branch is operationally sound, and satisfactory audits are achieved.
- Supervise, coach, and develop staff regarding service expectations, policies, procedures, products, systems and banking transactions. Complete periodic performance evaluations and recommend CSR objectives.
- Produce staff schedule and perform necessary timekeeping tasks.
- Train new CSR.
- Communicate with staff to discuss goals, disseminate company information, discuss operational issues, etc.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Adhere to all operational, security, risk and regulatory policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, honesty, integrity, stress tolerance, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Supervisory and leadership skills required to manage, motivate, and develop employees.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to provide high-level and accuracy on transactions and audits.
- Proven success in customer service and in the development of strong customer relationships.
- This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- Basic knowledge of all types of banking services, including lending.
- The ability to teach others how to efficiently use technology/software including computer terminal, internet, Microsoft Office, mobile applications, online banking, telephone, copier and other office machines.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
- The ability to teach others how to efficiently use technology/software including computer terminal, internet, mobile applications, online banking, telephone, copier and other office machines.
Education and Experience
- Three to five years business services experience with knowledge in banking and branch operations required.
- Prior managerial experience preferred.
- Current notary license preferred.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
*This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of employees in this position. Further, this job description should not be considered an employment contract. All employment is employment-at-will. We reserve the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time.