Here are current positions available with The Savings Bank! Visit your local Savings Bank office for an employment application. See our contact page to phone or email us, too.
The Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
New Accounts Specialist
Location – Circleville, Ohio
Job Area – Operations
Employment Type – Full-time
FLSA Classification – Non-Exempt
Primary Schedule – Within branch hours
Supervisory Responsibility – None
Travel - None
A New Accounts Specialist is a financial concierge assisting walk-in consumer customers to open, update and close all types of accounts. By knowing customers well and their needs a New Accounts Specialist is able to recommend bank products and services that will benefit the customer.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide excellent customer service and effectively assist customers in opening, modifying, closing accounts and resolving issues.
- Build relationships with customers to discover financial needs and tailor product and service recommendations.
- Process new account transactions and assist customers in their selection of various accounts and financial services.
- Make lives of customers easier by sharing and setting-up self-service options to access their accounts 24/7.
- Be proficient in understanding and educating customers on consumer deposit products and basic understanding of consumer and commercial lending to connect customers with appropriate lending partners.
- Source referrals from customers, other bank colleagues and partners while educating and referring customers to other areas of the bank to deepen relationships and build a strong partnership.
- Demonstrate acumen in sales, customer service, relationship management, banking, business banking, communication and presentation.
- Exercise judgement and discretion within bank policy in making product offerings work for customers.
- Perform branch clerical duties.
- Adhere to all operational, security, risk and regulatory policies and procedures
- Notary services as required
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Excellent communication skills – in person and over the phone – with proven ability to tailor features and benefits of products/services to customers with differing needs
- Ability to learn products, services and procedures quickly and thoroughly
- Comfortable educating others on technology
- Professional, thorough and organized with strong follow-up skills
- Performs well in a team environment and proactively collaborates with others to serve customers
- Ability to understand and follow policies, procedures and regulatory requirements
- Comfort with technology such as Microsoft Office, mobile services and online banking preferred
- Knowledge of bank product offerings, applicable rates and fees
- Detail oriented, strong organizational skills, and high degree of accuracy.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
Education and Experience
- At least one year of experience in retail banking
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Notary license
*This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of employees in this position. Further, this job description should not be considered an employment contract. All employment is employment-at-will. We reserve the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time.