The Savings Bank is proud of our heritage! Our bank began as a modest start-up founded by local people. Their commitment to serving individuals and businesses in this part of Ohio enabled them to multiply the initial capital investment many times over within only a decade.

Today we remain, first and foremost, a community bank. We donate time and resources to nearly every cause in the towns and communities we serve. We also are continually expanding our products, services and security measures to support the success of our individual and business customers.

Our History

1912

Founded as The Circleville Savings and Banking Company. Opened office at 110 North Court Street, Circleville.

1913

Moved to the front of the Pythian Castle, next door to the bank's first location. Today, the bank uses the entire Pythian Castle for its lending center.

1924

Bank's assets were $1,781,199.02

1961

The bank's corporate title was changed to "The Savings Bank."

1964

The bank's first drive-in facility opened at the corner of North Court and Pinckney Streets.

1977

Advanced operations from hand-posting to computers.

1983

Opened first branch office at 18 Long Street, Ashville.

1987

New, six lane drive-in opened at 120 Pinckney Street, Circleville.

1988

Installed first ATM at the drive-in facility at 120 Pinckney Street.

1991

Opened an office in Williamsport.

1992

The Savings Bank celebrated an asset size of $100,000,000.

2000

Opened third branch at 501 Long Street in Ashville.

2012

The Savings Bank's asset size was approximately $291,000,000.

2014

New operations center opened at 201 North Court Street, across from original offices.

2015

The Savings Bank opened a branch office in London, Ohio.

2017

Opened state-of-the-art banking center in Ashville, replacing older complexes.

2018

Renovated our Lending Center

2019

Acquired Helpbringer Mortgage Service Company (A Subsidiary of The Savings Bank).