Here are current positions available with The Savings Bank! Visit your local Savings Bank office for an employment application. See our contact page to phone or email us, too.
The Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Location – Circleville, Ohio
Job Area – Operations/Accounting
Employment Type – Full-time
FLSA Classification – Non-Exempt
Primary Schedule – Within branch hours
Supervisory Responsibility – None
Travel – None
The Accounting Processor role performs critical reviews ensure account accuracy. This role is also an ambassador for the bank by responding to customer questions and concerns about their deposit account or related products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Process Mobile Deposit transactions daily
- Review and balance the vault totals for all locations.
- Investigate transaction errors and make corrections
- Ensure proper processing and output delivery of reports.
- Process ATM or Debit card requests for instant issue of cards to customers.
- Review and balance ATMs to ensure proper processing of transactions.
- Investigate ATM related electronic fund transfer customer disputes or fraudulent issues in accordance with state and federal regulations.
- Administer transaction restrictions on card purchases (i.e. change limits)
- Answer incoming calls from customers with questions (i.e. balance of account or on-line banking)
- Work with other departments to resolve customer issues.
- Input of new accounts into accounting systems.
- Review exception reports and make adjustments to accounts accordingly.
- Maintenance accounts when necessary changes or closures are warranted.
- Record, file, and update information as required in the system as well as account file.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Adhere to all operational, security, risk and regulatory policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, honestly, integrity, stress tolerance, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to provide high-level of accuracy on all transactions.
- This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
- Comfort with technology/software including computer terminal, internet, mobile applications, online banking, telephone, copier and fax machine
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure as needed.
- Basic knowledge of all types of banking services, including lending.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
Education and Experience
- 1 year experience working with customers
- High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Previous banking experience preferred
*This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of employees in this position. Further, this job description should not be considered an employment contract. All employment is employment-at-will. We reserve the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time.