Here are current positions available with The Savings Bank! Visit our Contact Us page to inquire about employment or give us a call at 1-800-582-2265.
The Savings Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Executive Order 11246, as amended, protects applicants and employees from discrimination based on inquiring about, disclosing, or discussing their compensation or the compensation of other applicants or employees. Click here for the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Customer Service Supervisor (CSS)
Location – Circleville, Williamsport, Ashville or London, Ohio
Job Area – Operations
Employment Type – Full-time
FLSA Classification – Non-Exempt
Primary Schedule – Within branch hours, opening and closing as scheduled
Supervisory Responsibility – None
Travel – Occasionally travel to other branches
Customer Service Supervisors (CSS) support Customer Service Managers (CSM) to deliver excellent customer service and efficient operations at the bank. With advanced customer service and transaction skills, CSS provide guidance to Customer Service Representatives (CSR) and fill-in when CSM is not available.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform all duties of a CSR.
- Approve customer and bank transactions within authority limits.
- Maintain proper CSR and vault cash levels.
- Assist the CSM with vault, drawer and ATM balancing; assist CSRs with customer transactions.
- Assist CSM with performing pre-audit and post-audit to identify and mitigate operational risk and to ensure ongoing adherence with compliance procedures.
- Assist with managing difficult situations with customers and providing them with a resolution, information or additional options. Ensure quick and proper response to all customer requests.
- Maintain the highest level of confidentiality with all information obtained.
- Adhere to all operational, security, risk and regulatory policies and procedures.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills, attentiveness, information retention, honestly, integrity, stress tolerance, tact and diplomacy in dealing with both customers and employees.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills to provide high-level of accuracy on all transactions.
- Proven success in customer service and in the development of strong customer relationships.
- This position requires a perceptive person who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels. As unique situations present themselves, the incumbent must be sensitive to Bank needs, customer and employee goodwill, and the public image.
- The ability to make sound decisions. This may include making on-the-spot decisions regarding customer transactions; weighing customer satisfaction issues with the Bank exposure to loss or fraud and the ability to think through and rationalize decisions.
- The ability to teach others how to use technology/software including computer terminal, Microsoft Office, internet, mobile applications, online banking, telephone, copier and fax machine.
- Basic knowledge of all types of banking services, including lending.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure.
- Self-starter, ability to work independently.
Education and Experience
- 1-3 years of experience working with customers, experience in banking and branch operations preferred.
- Prior managerial experience preferred.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent
*This job description is not intended to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities required of employees in this position. Further, this job description should not be considered an employment contract. All employment is employment-at-will. We reserve the right to modify job duties or descriptions at any time.